top of page

Infiltrating the hidden treasures of stories: content-based NFTs

Fictional Universe For Dummies


A fictional universe, or fictional world, is a self-consistent setting with events, and often other elements, that differ from the real world. It may also be called an imagined, constructed, or fictional realm (or world). Fictional universes may appear in novels, comics, films, television shows, video games, and other creative works.


Get Closer: Hemingway's Iceberg Theory


Some of you may know what Hemingway’s (1899 - 1961, USA) Iceberg Theory is. Most advanced and published writers will be aware of this theory.


Basically, the Iceberg Theory demonstrates the idea of the generic iceberg. When on a boat or over the water, only 10% of the iceberg is seen above the water, while the other 90% of the iceberg is underwater, unseen by the eyes on the surface. This is what should be true for your story as well.



A story should show 10% of information at the surface of the visuals, while the other 90% is either:


  • Only known by the creator

  • Unseeable at the surface, but the information is there when you get underneath the story


 

A Sustainable Question:

In this age where a sustainable future is being built, can we evaluate the story universes either?

A Fruitful Solution:

Cheyni TV is getting ready to dive below the icebergs with NFTs to surface the hidden treasures.


Let's Move Deeper Into The Fictional Universe Concept And See Its Potential


Fictional Universe term was first defined by comics historian Don Markstein (1947 - 2012, USA), in a 1970 article in CAPA-alpha.


Markstein's criteria:

  1. If characters A and B have met, then they are in the same universe

  2. If characters B and C have met, then, transitively, A and C are in the same universe

  3. Characters cannot be connected by out-of-universe people

  4. Characters cannot be connected by characters that do not originate with the publishers

  5. Specific fictionalized versions of out-of-universe people can be used as connections

  6. Characters are only considered to have met if they appeared together in a story

Although it is premature to establish thematic links between cinematic universes through NFTs, don't Markstein's criteria point to an inspiring potential for content-based NFT bridges? If you studied basic logic in high school, you can easily see that this transformation just needs a wave of mass adaptation.



Collaboration Potential Of Fictional Universes: Shared Universes


Shared universes often come about when a fictional universe achieves great commercial success and attracts other media. For example, a successful movie may catch the attention of various book authors, who wish to write stories based on that movie.


We will not delve too deeply into this matter. Because here we will encounter the copyright areas of the old world and things will become gigantic. However, we would like to say that these collaborations in the field of web 3 are progressing fairly and rapidly.


To give a few examples from the old world that most of us know;


For example, the comic book Superman was so popular that it spawned over 30 different radio, television, and movie series and a similar number of video games, as well as theme park rides, books, and songs.


In the other direction, both Star Trek and Star Wars are responsible for hundreds of books and games of varying levels of canonicity.




We know that Tarantino and Rodriguez also use shared cinematic universes. But let's get back to the present before we get deep into the waters of giant American studios and blockbusters.


But if you're still curious about the Shared Universe concept, and you're okay with giant studios and blockbusters, you can check out The Escapist's informative video:



Time To Summarize!


We can easily say that content-based NFTs will be used to make universe collaborations more creative, faster, easier, and sustainable in the near future. Cinema culture and audiences are sophisticated enough to support such innovations. Even it started! In one of our articles, we mentioned the relationship between film and NFTs > Can NFTs change the history of film?


Although film studios have begun to release their primitive NFT collections, we don't think major streaming platforms can initiate this pioneering move because of their bulky and chaotic audiences. We believe that revolutions can only happen with fresh blood and creative maneuverability.


With our experienced core team from the cinema, advertising & blockchain industries, and our leading partners, we have already rolled up our sleeves to this fruitful web 3.0-based pioneering streaming platform.


The next article will be about the Influencer-based Cheyni Originals content model, which will be the first mass adaptation examples of content-based NFTs. 

Stay tuned with us!

43 views

コメント


bottom of page